We had an impromptu photoshoot to celebrate one month of having the horses at home. Here are some gratuitously gorgeous photos of my lovely horses.
Next time I might have a shower, shower the horses and put some clean clothes on before the photo shoot, there’s only so much magic Photoshop can do!
One month of having both boys at home and I have learnt the following:
- A hungry horse is a loud horse
- A loud horse wakes everyone up, including the dogs, at stupid o’clock
- No matter how strong and secure you think the fence is, it isn’t
- The hay is always sweeter on the other side of the fence, especially when the fence is on the floor
- Baby horses are like little brothers, they never leave you alone (sorry Joe!)
- Renoir is the boss of everyone, including birds and cats
- You actually have less time to ride your horse when you have him at home – poo picking anyone?
- The easiest way to pick poo is with your hands, really!
- A stationary tree is no match for a fast moving horse, nor a stationary horse with an itch
Here’s a bit of training. It almost looks like we know what we’re doing:
This is what really happens. Rocco runs off and hides in the shade and waits for me to come and fetch him! Renoir is a big grasser!